Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Baby Boy turned 1!

The main cake for the party was the party monkey.  He's got a butter/sugar cookie party hat, and a combination of chocolate and vanilla buttercream frosting.  I knew we were going to have more people than this cake could serve though, so I was determined to produce some quality cupcakes to go with it.  I set out to put the monkey face on from all the party decorations from 1stwishes.com onto the cupcakes.  We ended up with only a few cupcakes left and maybe 2 pieces worth of the whole monkey cake at the end, so I'm glad I went with the extra cupcakes.




What's a 1st birthday party without a smash cake for the baby?  This is a double layer 6" round cake covered mostly in the chocolate buttercream, with a little vanilla buttercream for trim and the number 1.  I figured it was a "go big or go home" moment for him, so we went big.



Another angle of the cakes:


And just for fun, the birthday boy enjoying his smash cake:

2 comments:

  1. WOW! awesome job!! I think you definitely have a career here.

    Psst: this is shannon from the group wall on FB. im under my business name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda I think both the cakes and the website look great... and I know they taste good from having tried some! Best of luck! -Jayne :)

    ReplyDelete