Monday, November 22, 2010

Baptism Cake

This was one of my toughest cakes yet, but the one I'm probably most proud of.  It's a two-tier, double layer cake.  The bottom is a 10" double layer chocolate cake with a buttercream filling, and the top is a 6" double layer yellow cake with a buttercream frosting.  The design idea came from a cake that was originally requested, but was totally done in fondant which I haven't tried using yet, so I did what I could with buttercream to make it work.  The lattice work and the cross on top were probably the most difficult parts, but I think the finished product looks great!



The bottom tier when it was almost done.



Before the lattice work was added to the top tier.



And a couple different angles of the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment